Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Chinatown and Chinese New Year

2013 is the Year of the Snake.  I sure hope that's correct.  This snake can be use to review almost anything.  I'm using it to review names of plane shapes on one side and the other side is complex patterning of shapes.
vocabulary review of plane shapes
complex pattern on back

I would like my marvelous munchkins to make this dragon puppet at an art station. 

 
This is the link to download and print the dragon puppet pattern.
 
Dragon Parade Puppet | crayola.com

Dragon Parade Puppet coloring page

Add simple Chinese characters to the accordian folds of the dragon from
China family adventure website
chinese character writing good fortune


 


I think I'm going to use the interactive tangrams site link for a learning station at the smart board.

Tangrams icon
http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/category_g_1_t_3.html

 


No comments:

Post a Comment